Tuesday, January 20, 2009

TV Tuesday - One More Day Till Lost! One More Day Till Lost!

THE WEEK THAT WAS

TUESDAY, January 13

Scrubs
(ABC, 8:00 & 8:30): Man oh man am I glad that Courtney Cox's character is gone; didn't care for her at all. Not quite so glad to see Elliott and JD doing the relationship tango yet again; at least since this is Zach Braff's last season regardless they'll finally resolve the issue once and for all.

Privileged (CW, 8:00): I just realized this week that when everything is new again, this show will be on up against Scrubs and Fringe; in other words, so long, Privileged, it was nice knowing you, but you squandered what good will I had invested in you by making Megan unbearably self-righteous at all times.

THURSDAY, January 15

Smallville
(CW, 7:00): I won't say much about the ep, since Bubblegum Tate hasn't seen it yet, but I will say that I had some minor quibbles with the direction they took the Legion, but that it was all worth it to see The Persuader swing his Atomic Axe, hear Garth say "grife" and "sprock", hear Rokk make a Subs joke, and see the Legion flight rings in action. Plus, it actually made me wish that I hadn't missed the last several seasons; DVDs, here I come.

My Name is Earl (NBC, 7:00): The idea of Estrada or Nada was genius, as was the extraction of Darnell and Joy from the trailer. Looking forward to the conclusion this week.

The Office (NBC, 8:00): The idea of Michael being brought in to explain what he was doing right was funny; pretty much everything that came out of his mouth made me want to reach into the TV and slap his mouth shut. So, so painful. In contrast, the Andy/Dwight feud was classic, and made the episode well worth watching.

Grey's Anatomy (ABC 8:00): This episode was a nice change of pace from the last several; don't think the show is totally back on track, but it could be getting there. The scene with Hunt having his breakdown really got to me for some reason, made me tear up a little.

Private Practice (ABC 9:00): The Cooper/Charlotte storyline was well done, but the rest of the episode either did nothing for me or, in the case of the idiotic "Addison's love life" storyline, grated on my nerves.

FRIDAY, January 16

Batman: The Brave and the Bold
(Cartoon Network, 7:00): A pretty solid episode; while it may not have strictly followed comic book cannon, I liked having Boston Brand be spurred onto a search for justice thanks to dealing with Bats.

Battlestar Galactica
(SciFi, 9:00): I shall remain as spoiler free as possible while discussing BSG from here on out, since I'm sure there are some of you out there who only see it on DVD. I will say that the identity of the final Cylon was a bit of a let-down for me, but that the major character death took me completely by surprise. I'm really looking forward to having all of the questions answered as the series wraps up.

Psych (USA, 9:00): I always enjoy episodes that have Shawn showing signs that he actually likes Lassiter on some level, and this one was no exception.

SATURDAY, January 17

Meadowlands (Showtime Beyond, 12:15 AM): Not sure how long I'd stick with this series if it was open-ended, but knowing that there are only 8 episodes in total means I'll stick it out until the end.

SUNDAY, January 18

Flight of the Conchords
(HBO, 9:00): Plot-wise, a fun episode; musically, I was disappointed. Hope this isn't signs of a sophomore slump.

United States of Tara (Showtime, 9:00): I enjoyed the pilot quite a bit. So far, no glaring inaccuracies about DID jumped out at me; bonus points for calling the other personalities "alters." I'm interested in seeing how the series deals with the reasons for Tara's condition, and if it explores how she was first diagnosed.

MONDAY, January 19

The Big Bang Theory
(CBS, 7:00): So many great Sheldon moments in this episode; the facial ticks when he couldn't talk, his time in the children's section, his wall climbing experience . . . priceless, all of it.

How I Met Your Mother
(CBS, 7:30): Think this episode contained the best telepathic conversation ever; on the down side, I think I might have "Kokomo" stuck in my head for days.

Two and a Half Men (CBS 8:00): Best part of the episode had to be Alan's nightmare at the end where he imagines what his possible daughter would look like as a teenager; greatness.

THE WEEK TO COME

TUESDAY, January 20

Fringe
(Fox, 8:00): My favorite new series of the season returns with an introduction to Olivia's sister.

Privileged (CW, 8:00): No new Scrubs this week, so the show is getting one last chance with me, mainly because I'm curious to see how they tie up the story of Megan's mom running off with Will's money.

WEDNESDAY, January 21

Lost
(ABC, 7:00-10:00): Lost is back! Lost is back! The first hour is one of their usual catch-up clip shows, with the 2 hour season premiere starting at 8:00. Cannot wait!

THURSDAY, January 22

My Name is Earl (NBC, 7:00): The conclusion to the two parter about Darnell's compromised identity.

The Office (NBC, 8:00): Dwight and Michael pull an undercover op to spy on a competing paper company.

30 Rock (NBC 8:30): Jack drags Liz along to a corporate retreat

Grey's Anatomy (ABC 8:00): The conclusion of Eric Stoltz's run on the show

Private Practice (ABC 9:00): The show drags out yet another tired cliche as Violet discovers she's pregnant and doesn't know who the father is

Burn Notice (USA 9:00): Thanks to the DVR I'm getting a chance to get caught up on the first half of Season 2 in time for the second half to begin. If you're not watching this show, you should give it a whirl; great stuff.

FRIDAY, January 23

Batman: The Brave and the Bold
(Cartoon Network, 7:00): The third appearance of the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle on the show which makes me glad, not only because I enjoy this version of the character greatly, but because so far the Blue Beetle eps have been the best. Plus, we also get to see the Ted Kord version, which is both a blessing and a source of sadness, as I really miss Ted. Still ticked at DC for killing him off.

Wolverine and the X-Men
(Nicktoons, 7:00): The U.S. premiere of the latest animated version of the X-Men finds Wolverine trying to put the team back together after a year apart. Main characters include Shadowcat and Nightcrawler, so you know I have to watch.

Battlestar Galactica
(SciFi, 9:00)

Psych (USA, 9:00): Shawn and Gus investigate an arsonist.

SATURDAY, January 24

Meadowlands (Showtime Beyond, 2:00 AM): Detective Wintersgill interrogates Danny.

SUNDAY, January 25

Flight of the Conchords
(HBO, 9:00): Brett buys a new cup, and unwittingly bankrupts the band doing so.

United States of Tara (Showtime, 9:00): Tara unleashes an alter better equipped to deal with the stresses of parenting

MONDAY, January 26

No new sitcoms on tonight for some reason, but there is one new show on I'll give a try . . .

Trust Me (TNT, 9:00): New series about an advertising agency that is really only on my list because it stars Thomas Cavanagh, who I hope has found a better post-Ed showcase for his talents than Love Monkey was.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're the Cylon.

Goobygal said...

I'm going to keep at you until you watch Sanctuary!

Cap'n Neurotic said...

FL: Shhhhhh! Don't blow my cover!

G: Sadly, I procrastinated too long and the early eps of Sanctuary are now no longer on Hulu. I have added it to my DVR settings, though, in hopes that SciFi will start doing the marathon rerun thing sometime before new eps start up again.