Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Return of IMP

While working on my MLS, I took a website development class. For our final project we had to construct a website that met some bare minimum requirements; I, being bored out of my skull at having to listen to the T.A. repeat the same basic instructions to people over and over again decided to go a little overboard with my project. Using a few faux comic book solicitations I had written as part of a fiction writing challenge thrown at me by the Book Monkeys on the now-defunct Book Monkey Message Board as a springboard, I constructed the Infinite Monkeys Press webpage; later, when it came time to name this blog, I decided to keep the Infinite Monkeys motif.

The page was housed on UNT's servers for quite a while after I finished the class, but alas and alack, they eventually wiped IMP off of the drives. I kept thinking about reposting it somewhere, but never got around to it. However, a few days ago, Diva made a post about starting a writing challenge which sounds a lot like the challenges which inspired IMP in the first place. With this sparking my memory, I decided to transfer most of the IMP stuff to a blogger page; sadly, most of the formatting went the way of the dodo when I transferred it over, but the text is all the same, and that's what really matters, right?

So, without further ado, here is the stripped down version of Infinite Monkeys Press.

Warning: Inside jokes abound.

0 comments: