Tuesday, April 29, 2008

TV Tues - Not Much to Say

Brief thoughts on the last few weeks of TV

MONDAY

Big Bang Theory
(CBS 7:00): Probably the most consistent comedy on the air, post-strike. Especially liked Sheldon's rare insights into normal social cues: "I'm on fire tonight!"

How I Met Your Mother (CBS 7:30): The March Madness inspired episode a few weeks back was great, for its high Barney quotient if nothing else, and the Barney/Ted fight in last night's episode should set up an interesting episode or two, especially since I just read that Brittney Spears will be reprising her role as the crazy receptionist in an episode where she and Barney will team up against their mutual enemy Ted.

Two and a Half Men (CBS 8:00): Happy that they actually let Evelyn and Teddy's wedding play out; I'm sure it won't last, but nice to have the show avoid the cliche of having it called off at the last minute. And I am soooooooooo happy that Rose is back; the show really wasn't the same without her.

TUESDAY

Deadliest Catch
(Discovery Channel 8:00): The prank with the beat-up truck was awesome, glad it actually worked. I'm really looking forward to the episode where Phil finally snaps and bludgeons his son to death with that plasma screen TV.

WEDNESDAY

Ultimate Fighter
(Spike, 9:00): Rampage and Forest may not be the best coaches in the world, but they sure are entertaining. Funny, funny guys.

THURSDAY

Survivor
(CBS 7:00): Once James finally gets his throat slit by the female alliance, I will have officially moved from "I want so-and-so to win" mode to "As long as it isn't Parvati or Natalie I guess I'll be kinda happy" mode. Still can't believe Jason fell for their spiel.

My Name Is Earl (NBC 7:00): Post-strike this show has been hit or miss, but last week's installment with the murderball riff was awesome, for Randy's non-stop laughing jag if nothing else. That and him making PacMan noises.

Scrubs (NBC 7:30): I've been watching a lot of Scrubs recently, since the repeats are usually on TV when I do my time on the elliptical at the gym; dang, do I love this show. The episode a few weeks back where nerdy J.D. kept getting beaten up by his more athletic friend kind of resonated with me for some reason . . .

The Office (NBC 8:00): Okay, last week's episode was, if not the low point of the series, at least the low point of the season. While it did have two moments that made me laugh out loud (Dwight pouring out the drink the girls at the bar sent him, Toby hopping the fence and running away), over all the episode left me cold. I think I'm disinclined to like episodes where everyone turns on Jim and Pam.

30 Rock (NBC 8:30): The MILF Island episode was probably my favorite of the season, but last week's installment with its Amadeus riff was nice.

Grey's Anatomy (ABC 8:00): Everyone in favor of George's decision to stop complaining so much please raise your hands. Okay, now everyone who think George is actually going to stop complaining so much . . . wow, quite a drop off there . . .

Lost (ABC 9:00): Very, very happy that they were able to wrangle an extra hour out of the network to keep the season finale from being too rushed. Was nice to see the return of the smoke monster, which has been conspicuous in its absence this season. I'm still holding out hope that Rousseau is still clinging to life somewhere in the jungle, not just because I really like Mira Furlan and want her to stick around, but because I really, really, really want to know the full story of her early days on the island.

FRIDAY

Battlestar Galactica
(Sci-Fi 9:00): Was a bit disappointed that last week's episode didn't give us a look at what was going on in the Cylon fleet following the big schism of the previous week.

0 comments: