Friday, May 16, 2008

It Was Only a Matter of Time . . .

The last 4 1/2 months have been nice, but as soon as my folks told me about the horrible tornado damage in Picher, OK, I knew that it wouldn't be long before Cap'n Shack-Fu's deployment-free streak came to an end. Sure enough, a couple of days ago he got the word, and is now up in my old stomping grounds for an indefinite amount of time. I would try to broker a home-cooked meal for him from my parents while he's up there, but there area few stumbling blocks:

  • Shack would have to find the time in his 12-to-14 hour days, 7 days a week to meet up with them
  • My folks would have to get their house presentable for guests
  • Shack would have to wear a gas mask and oxygen tank the whole time so that his intense allergy to cats didn't kill him on the spot.
I'm thinking number 3 would be the biggest hurdle . . .

0 comments: