Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TV Tues - Still Straggling

I'm still a bit behind on viewing, I'm afraid, so please bear with me. Oh, and I have officially given up on Kath and Kim; got maybe 10 minutes into the second episode before my disgust at the selfish spoiled brat behavior of Kim drove me insane. So, one less thing to worry about keeping up with.

THE WEEK THAT WAS

TUESDAY, Oct 21

Privileged (CW 8:00): I'm discovering that I enjoy the show more when it focuses on Megan and the girls or Megan and Charlie than I do when the grandmother or Megan's family are the focus.


WEDNESDAY, Oct 22

Pushing Daisies
(ABC 7:00): The flashback to Emmerson's childhood was great, as were the scenes with "Downy," who cracked me up with her super-cheery demeanor. Plus, I want one of those hug machines.

Private Practice (ABC 8:00): Scenes with Violet, Cooper, Dell, and Charlotte were golden; scenes with Naomi and Sam were excruciating, unless they were scenes with the aforementioned golden characters. So, y'know, par for the course of the show.

THURSDAY, Oct 23

The Office (NBC 8:00): It was nice to see Phylis kind of wind up on top for once; I feel bad that she's always getting the short end of the stick.

MONDAY, Oct 27

Heroes (NBC 8:00): I just don't know what to think of the show anymore; right now Daphne, Ando, and Noah are the only characters I really care about, most everyone else annoys me with their stupid actions. Am ecstatic that Maya is gone, saddened that she didn't take Mohinder with her.

THE WEEK TO COME

TUESDAY, Oct 28

Privileged
(CW 8:00): We finally get to meet Megan's father; here's hoping it's less painful than meeting her sister. But even if it is, I think there will be plenty of pain in the promised Charley/Megan confrontation.

Mentalist (CBS 8:00)

WEDNESDAY, Oct 29

Pushing Daisies
(ABC 7:00): Thank you, ABC, for being the only network to air your regular programming instead of a 30 minute political ad, thank you very much. Plost wise, a friend of Ned's father shows up and Emerson reconnects with Simone, the dog breeder from season 1.

Private Practice (ABC 8:00): Sam and Naomi fighting for who gets to be in charge -- great.

Ultimate Fighter (Spike 9:00)

THURSDAY, Oct 30

Survivor
(CBS 7:00): The blurb promises a shocking twist with the possibility to change the course of the game, along with two contestants being voted off.

My Name is Earl
(NBC 7:00): A Hallowwen party Earl; I can't wait to see the costumes.

The Office (NBC 8:00): The biggest downside to the "Pam's in art school" story is that it has drastically reduced the amount of Pam we see each week; luckily this episode should rectify that a bit as we get to see her embarrassment over being the only person at the corproate office to show up in costume on Halloween. Plus: Dwight sets out to get under Andy's skin.

30 Rock (NBC 8:30): The return of the sitcom I never thought I'd like, but which has grown to be a must see for me.

Grey's Anatomy (ABC 8:00)

Life on Mars (ABC 9:00): Sam meets his mother in 1973

SUNDAY, Nov 2

The Simpsons
(Fox 7:00): Although I've kind of let The Simpsons slide off my viewing radar the last season or two, I still feel compelled to watch their annual Treehouse of Horror episode . . . even if it does come after Halloween.

MONDAY, Nov 3

The Big Bang Theory
(CBS 7:00): A grad student is attracted to Sheldon; need I say more?

How I Met Your Mother (CBS 7:30)

Two and a Half Men (CBS 8:00): Judith kicks Herb out; hope that's only a temporary thing, because, as Charlie said, "I've grown fond of the big lug."




0 comments: