Monday, January 11, 2010

Movie Mon. - Six Degrees of Star Trek

Considering that I haven't done a Movie Monday post since last June, odds are good that there are plenty of films I could talk about; heck, I watched at least a dozen films while I was at my parents' house over Christmas break. As usual, I tried to introduce my folks to a few films that I figured they probably wouldn't watch on their own -- Tropic Thunder, Watchmen, Dr. Horrible, etc. One thing that really stood out to me during the break was how many people from the recent film Star Trek film popped up in other movies we watched over the break. Chris Pine (Kirk) played a massive jerk in a B-grade horror film called Carriers; Zoe Saldana (Uhura) was in a different B-grade horror flick, The Skeptic, as well as the big budget 3-D extravaganza Avatar; Anton Yelchin (Chekov) turned out to be a young Kyle Reese in Terminator: Salvation; Eric Bana (Nero) turned up as Adam Sandler's romantic competition in Funny People; and Chris Hemosworth (Kirk's dad) was pretty much unrecognizable as a possibly sociopathic hitchhiker in the highly entertaining A Perfect Getaway.

My point? Don't really have one; just probably won't have time to do real reviews this week, and needed something to post to keep my new blogging commitment fulfilled.

Speaking of the reviews, do any of you blog monkeys have any thoughts on them? Would you rather I keep doing the pellet reviews of everything I see, or do more in-depth thoughts on films that really affected me one way or another? I figured after such a long blogging hiatus, I might as well examine my format a bit.

1 comments:

Flunky lover said...

I recently saw Star Trek and enjoyed it much more than I thought. My expectations were really low though. This may be the only good Star Trek movie ever.

As for reviews, just do what you feel like. We'll read whatever you choose.