Thursday, July 27, 2006

Oh, a Wise Guy, Eh?

Last Sunday morning as I entered the room where all of the Singles meet before splitting up into their separate classes I noticed an unusual addition to the decor: a cardboard cutout of three figures in graduation robes. Over the face of each graduate was taped a headshot of the three male Sunday School teachers in the Singles department: Freezeout, Flyboy, and myself. If I had looked closer, I would have noticed the tags underneath the pictures which instructed the viewer to lift them up in order to find out their "real" identities. But, I didn't need to lift up the pictures, because I recognized the cut-outs immediately.

I can thank my Stooge-obsessed cousin for the immediate recognition, since he had gotten the exact same cutout as a high school graduation present a few years back.


When Freezeout and Flyboy arrived, they were as surprised as I was. With Trouble being out of state, Freezeout headed straight to the next most likely culprit: Cap'n Cluck. Cluckity and Magic Pants pretended innocence for a few moments before fessing up. They then had us pose with the cutout while Cap'n C. memorialized the event on film; I'll be sure to post the unflattering pictures as soon as she passes them on to me.

Oh, and in case you were wondering which one I was, well, let's just say I had "The Curly Shuffle" going through my head the rest of the morning. . .

0 comments: