Saturday, May 05, 2007

An End in Sight?

As you may have noticed, I have slacked off considerably in my blogging of TV shows over the past few months. Part of that is just a factor of my general blogging malaise; the blogging does not come as frequently or as easily as it once did. But on top of that, my TV watching habits have undergone some serious changes in the past few months. I actually hit a period of time where it was struggle for me to make myself watch shows that I once loved; I had tapes and tapes filled with episodes of Grey's Anatomy, Medium, Boston Legal etc. and they just continued to stack up. Sometimes, I'd be so distracted by other stuff that I would forget to tape a show entirely -- thank heavens for ABC's on-line episodes, or I would have been really lost on Grey's. In the end, I finally made myself jettison some shows from my regular viewing schedule, deciding to wait for the DVD treatment. Now, my "must watch ASAP" list of shows is down to the following:

MONDAYS
How I Met Your Mother
Two and a Half Men
Heroes

TUESDAYS
Gilmore Girls
Veronica Mars
Deadliest Catch (just got hooked on this recently)

WEDNESDAYS
Mythbusters
Lost

THURSDAYS
Survivor
Grey's Anatomy
My Name is Earl
The Office
30 Rock
Scrubs
Ultimate Fighter
Studios 60 on the Sunset Strip (finally coming back to finish its first season run at the end of May in ER's slot)

FRIDAYS
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Painkiller Jane (for now; I'm intrigued, but only slightly)

SUNDAY
Simpsons
King of the Hill
Family Guy
American Dad

And, out of those shows, at least two are definitely gone after this season (Gilmore Girls, SG-1), a few more are on the bubble (HIMYM, Studio 60, Veronica Mars), and another couple are setting timelines for when they're going to finish their runs (Scrubs, Lost). If NBC doesn't pick up Scrubs for its final season, ABC (which is actually responsible for the production of the show) has promised that it will. Meanwhile, rumors are flying fast and furious about ABC's decision regarding Lost; the most recent to break is that ABC will be announcing an end date of 2009 for the show in the next couple of days, which would mean at least two more seasons, and possibly an extra half a season to bump the whole run up to 100 episodes. This is pretty exciting news, if you think about it, since it means that now the producers have a definite end date in mind and can plan out their reveals accordingly; and, for those of you who have bemoaned the lack of answers, you can now rest easy that the show won't suddenly be yanked before we find out what's going on.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you don't watch House on Fox. That's one of my favorite shows on tv right now and about the only one I consistently watch. Okay I'll admit I'm watching American Idol this season also.