Friday, May 25, 2007

Extended but Uneventful

Just a quick post to let y'all know that I made it to Miamuh in one piece*, which is always good, although I would have been happier if my one hour flight hadn't turned into a 3 1/2 hour flight . . . well, technically, the flight itself was only a bit under two hours, thanks to having to detour around storms, while the rest of the time was spent waiting on the tarmac to either load or unload. Normally, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but my still-not-quite-healed tailbone made sitting in the not-super-comfortable airplane seat for close to four hours a bit of a chore. By the time they announced our new ETA, I realized that if I had just rented a car, I would have already been in Miamuh by the time we landed in Tulsa, not even factoring in the extra 45 minutes or so to get off the plane and get our luggage since the baggage claim area had no electricity.** But, again, I made it through the flight without crashing onto a mysterious island filled with smoke monsters and secret hatches and underwater stations and mysterious invisible men, so I can't complain too much.


*Although, if we had been allowed to use cell phones during the flight, I so would have texted "getting to know you, getting to know all about you" to PigPen a couple of times
**Poor mom, who got there a little before 10, had to basically sit in the dark wondering where in the world I was, since there were no screens with departure and arrival times working in the terminal

1 comments:

Redneck Diva said...

But if you ever DO end up on a mysterious island like that, for the love of Pete, DON'T LEAVE. Because then it will take 2 1/2 more years of frustrating episodes to figure out WHY.

Just so you know, when Abby asked me today if I was going to put nuts on the dessert I'm making for tomorrow, I screamed a resounding NO in the middle of Wal*Mart. After she recovered from my outburt I explained that it's your birthday and all and well, that would just be rude to give you nuts on your birthday. Seeing as how you formed a special coalition and stuff against them.

See? I pay attention.