Friday, May 11, 2007

Fragmented Friday - "And Leon's Getting Laaaaaaaaaaaaaarger"

I know my posts have been pretty PigPen heavy recently, but there's a pretty good reason for that; he's about the only person I ever see or do anything with these days. Between the horrid weather, the end of school, work schedules, travel plans, and the like, most of The Singles are in constant motion and hard to pin down. Li'l Dill has been out of town for work quite a bit recently, and even though he's been in town all this week, I still haven't had a chance to hang out with him because he's too busy catching up on all the stuff that piled up while he was gone. And poor Squiggly: after months and months of having to miss out on stuff because she had to go to class, she's finally done with school for a month or so just in time for everyone else to be too busy or distracted to do anything. Think we're going to have to force quality time on the group next week for her sake, whether they like it or not.

This morning as I walked out to my car I initially thought that one of our neighbors' houses had caught on fire because it looked like our place was enveloped in smoke; after I realized it was just an unusually thick fog, which is when I got the inspiration for the blog post title. 15 Blog Monkey points to everyone who knows where that comes from.

I've found out that our church is going to change the way they do Sunday School soon; basically, they're going to mandate that all Sunday School classes align their lessons with whatever series our pastor is preaching on. While I can understand the desire for a united message throughout the church body, I can't help but worry about how this is going to alter the way I prepare my lessons. I don't want to just do canned lessons, nor do I want to have to scramble to find material which fits into the overall "theme" of each series. I prefer to go through a single book verse by verse, trying to put it all in the proper historical, cultural, and theological context, and I'm afraid that's going to soon be a thing of the past.

Cap'n Shack-Fu and PigPen may be The HyperTwins, but Li'l Dill and I are The Odd Squad . . . although, I suppose if we were really odd we'd spell it "squodd" . . . anyhow, if I were to try to keep track of all of the nicknames Li'l Dill assigns himself in our email exchanges, it would necessitate a blog in and of itself. Which could explain why I really don't have too many posts about Li'l Dill, even though he is One Of My Favorite People In The Worldtm; it's just too danged hard to capture the essence of Li'l Dill in such a mundane setting as a blog. I definitely plan on trying, though.

Two weeks until my parents come down, and I still have no idea what I'm going to do to entertain them while they're here. About the only plans I have are (a) eating at Frillys; (b) eating at Texas Roadhouse; (c) making them (or mom, at least) watch Unconditional Love; and (d) going to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Beyond that, I foresee a lot of sitting around doing nothing.

Some random pics from our last paintball excursion:

All right, who gave Fluffy and Cap'n Cluck firearms?

Which of these things is not like the others, which of these things does not belong . . .

Come on, drive recklessly around me, I dare ya.

"I was framed, I tell you, framed! Curse you, Enoch!"



Apparently, Phase Three of the plan involves a bayonet . . .

Just about perfect timing on Shutterbug Shack-Fu's part; great pic.

0 comments: