Friday, July 27, 2007

Fractured Finger Friday

Just got back from my orthopedist who diagnosed me with "operative mallet finger." The operative word there is "operative," i.e. my next stop is a hand surgeon. My appointment is Tuesday morning in Lewisville; until then I just have to keep the finger in a splint to keep it from getting any worse. If I'm lucky, then they'll just have put a pin in; if I'm unlucky, they'll have to try to remove or repair the bone and tendons with surgery. Either way, it looks like I won't be engaging in any fisticuffs or sparring for quite a while.

1 comments:

Redneck Diva said...

Oh mannnnnn...I was hoping it'd be as simple as 3 weeks in a lime green cast. I guess maybe that's only for 8 year old boys who run four-wheelers into barbed wire fences...

Sorry, my friend. My prayers are with your fractured phalange.