Tuesday, September 09, 2008

TV Tues - Preparing for the Fall

It's that time of year again, when the non-cable networks roll out their new shows and bring back their old faithfuls. Still not in full swing yet -- the bulk of the returning shows won't be back until the week of the 22nd -- but there's enough to catch my interest. Here's a brief look at what shows I'm planning on watching this week, as well as a few that I'll be skipping but which others might want to try


TUESDAY Sept 9

WATCHING

Fringe
(Fox, 7:00): Latest show from J.J. Abrams, he of Felicity, Alias, and Lost fame/infamy, this one is about a group who investigates scientific mysteries. One of the most anticipated of all the new shows this season.

Privileged (CW, 8:00): Hour long comedy about a bright and morally upright aspiring writer (Joanna Garcia, playing the opposite of her role as the ditzy eldest daughter on Reba) who is hired to tutor two spoiled brat, Hilton-sister-esque girls. This one has a bit of positive buzz as being both smart and funny, so we'll see how it pans out.

Wipeout (ABC, 7:00 and 8:00): Okay, not exactly a brand new show at this point, but I figured I should at least mention the most entertaining network show to come out over the summer, especially with its two brand new episodes on tonight.

NOT WATCHING

90210
(CW, 7:00): Never really watched the original, so don't have much need to watch the new version, but figure long time 90210 fan PoohBear might be disappointed if I didn't at least give it a shout out

WEDNESDAY, Sept 10

WATCHING

World Extreme Cagefighting
(Versus, 8:00): Assuming his softball game doesn't get rained out tomorrow, The Lovable PigPen will probably be stopping by my place to watch one of his favorite MMA fighters, Urijah Faber, defend his title. Gotta love the WEC with their non-pay-per-view live title fight airings. Also fighting: Jens Pulver.

NOT WATCHING

Do Not Disturb
(Fox, 8:30): Yeah, pretty much every review I've seen for this new Jerry O'Connell vehicle screams out "Don't waste your time!" but I figured I'd be remiss not mentioning it.

THURSDAY, Sept 11

WATCHING

Nothing!!!!!!!
(No channel at no time) Yeah, while my glance at the upcoming Fall Schedule grid tells me that Thursday will soon be one of my busiest nights of TV watching, none of the shows I plan on watching will be back for another couple of weeks.

PROBABLY NOT WATCHING

Hole in the Wall:
(Fox 7:00): While this import of the popular Japanese game show revolving around people trying to squeeze through holes on a moving wall is mildly entertaining, I just don't see myself tuning in every week.

FRIDAY, Sept 12

WATCHING

America's Toughtest Jobs
(NBC 7:00): Yes, the show does come on Monday nights, but I missed it last night, and am planning on catching the rerun on Friday. Still haven't been able to catch this at all, but am very intrigued.

SATURDAY, Sept 13

WATCHING

Burn After Reading
Okay, technically I plan to be watching this at the theater at some point on Saturday, but since there's nothing on TV worth mentioning, I figured I'd mention this instead. Coen Brothers with George Clooney and Brad Pitt? A must see!

SUNDAY, Sept 14

WATCHING

Nothing!!!!!!! (No channel at no time) Again, there will be stuff to watch eventually on Sundays, but this week, not much, unless you miss tonight's airing of Fringe and want to catch the encore at 7 on Fox.

MONDAY, Sept 15

WATCHING

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
(Fox 7:00): The season premiere was last night, which I have taped but not yet watched, but as long as it has even a fraction of the quality of the first season, I'll be in it for the long haul.

America's Toughest Jobs (NBC 8:00): Will actually try to catch the new episode on its first airing; wish me luck!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I caught about 2 minutes of that new WB show you mentioned. (I already forgot the name) I knew that actress looked familiar but couldn't place her. Thanks for letting me know it was the Reba chick.

I also caught about 2 minutes of Fringe. I'm intrigued by the idea of the show. I'll see if I can catch it on Hulu sometime.

I'm looking forward to the new season of House but I don't know if I'll be able to watch it at it's regular time. That's bedtime around here so it's a bit busy.