Thursday, September 18, 2008

Would You Like to See My Generic Movie Child?

One of the things I love about living in the Internet age is how much easier it is to get access to films it would have previously been next to impossible to see without attending numerous film festivals. For example, when looking for clips of the film Kabluey to use for my Movie Monday post, I stumbled across two of the director's early short films, both of which are very odd, and both of which made me laugh out loud: the prosaically titled Anna is Being Stalked



and the more esoteric The Delicious (part 1)



(part 2)



Sadly, his first film, Group Therapy, doesn't seem to be available at this time.

Anyway, while watching this examples of oddity in short film form, it made me think of my favorite short film from The Sidewalk Film Festival*: Fits and Starts.



Can't explain why I love that so much, but I do; hard to wrap my head around the fact that the writers of it later penned the script for License to Wed.



*A.K.A. "The Only Film Festival I've Been To," or "The Film Festival Where Amber Benson of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Gave Me an Altoid"

0 comments: