Monday, August 14, 2006

Randomness Abounds!

Good grief, can't believe I haven't posted anything since last Monday. Lots of half-formed blog posts floating around in my head, but I haven't been focused enough to type any up. So, until I gain some focus, here's a bunch of random tidbits.

  • Many ups and downs in the world of Survivor: Book Monkey Island. The Anti-Cap'n has agreed to play, and Cap'n Cluck was interested in working behind the scenes, but now Rebel Monkey won't be able to make it. Last call for interested parties.

  • I was very disapointed by the expulsion of Monkey Girl on Who Wants to Be a Super-Hero; I understand why she had to go, but after her super-human efforts during last week's guaranteed-to-give-Cap'n-N.-nightmares dog challenge, I was hoping to see her take it all. *sigh* Oh, well, at least Major Victory is still in it. And, I have to say, Dark Enforcer is much more entertaining than Iron Enforcer.

  • My soon-to-be-boss and I started a "Supervision 101" class on campus on Thursday, which will take up my Thursday mornings for the next several weeks. We had an icebreaker which was supposed to demonstrate the need to "think outside the box" when confronted with random questions: they ranged from "How old is the letter Z" to "What color is your favorite song?" The instructor was surprised at how quickly we all came up with answers, saying that there are usually people who totally freeze up when confronted by such oddities; I guess most of the people in our group are used to oddity. I know I am.

  • I'll get into more detail later, but for now let me just say that I enjoyed the heck out of Brick and Inside Man, both of which just came out on DVD this week. If you're looking for something to rent, those are my suggestions.

  • I also watched the DVD sneak peak of the pilots for the new NBC shows Kidnapped and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. I enjoyed Kidnapped, but absolutely loved Studio 60: a stellar cast armed with stellar writing, I'm going to be plugging this show ad nauseum. Fair warning.

  • Last night Biz-Z and his girlfriend had a cookout for their families at the house; since I partook of the food, I felt it was only right for me to stay out among the others after I'd finished stuffing my face, despite the fact that I was in total "don't know these people and shall therefore not contribute anything to any conversation whatsoever" mode, which was compounded by the fact that all the conversations going on around me were the type that tend to put a glazed look on my face: home improvement, motorcycles, power tools, etc.

  • Yesterday at lunch H.Q. told us a story about how some people at TWU refer to her as "the Wal-Mart girl" since she once let herself be interviewed for an article about whether people buy their makeup at Wal-Mart or specialty stores. H.Q. represented the Wal-Mart side of things, and so when the article came out, there was a gigantic picture of her next to a truly excellent headline: "Pretty Cheap." I told her if I'd known of that story before, she would have had a nickname much earlier . . .

  • I really, really, really want to see The Descent on the big screen, but there's a real dearth of horror fans in my local circle of friends.

  • I was only kinda-sorta wanting to see Accepted; then I found out that the director was co-writer of Grosse Point Blank and High Fidelity, as well as co-creator of the all too short-lived excellent supernatural series Dead Last, and it got bumped up a few notches in my need to see list. Of course, it's still below Snakes on a Plane, but then again, what isn't?

2 comments:

Redneck Diva said...

*whines* I want to see The Descent on the big screen, too!!

I think it will lose something on DVD. Just like Hostel was totally kick-a$$ in the theatre but just wouldn't be the same at home. Some are just like that, methinks.

Anonymous said...

Finally a post! I needed my blog fix. I feel much less jittery now.

Have a Cluckity Cluck Cluck Day!