Friday, August 04, 2006

Survivor: Book Monkey Island

Last month when there was a mini-Book Monkey reunion in honor of Rebel Monkey's 30th b-day (an occasion which marked the first time I'd actually seen Kookamama or Bubblegum Tate in 4 or 5 years) an off-hand joke by Buster inspired by the tiki-torches quickly snowballed into "hey, yeah, that sounds like fun, let's do it!" And so was born the idea for our very own do-it-yourself home-version of Survivor, currently scheduled for the last full weekend in August.

The Mag has taken on planning duties for this fun-sized edition which, despite its shortened time frame, will still include two tribes, a merger, luxury and immunity challenges, tribal council, and a monetary prize for the winner, with all the contestants agreeing to chip in $25 which will go towards the prize and purchasing supplies.

Now, normally I wouldn't be discussing this so early, but there's a slight wrinkle: as of now, due to scheduling conflicts of some of the original interested parties, we're a few contestants short of the magic number of 10 needed to get all the budgeting to work out. So, I'm now putting out the call to all you blog monkeys out there: if you would like to see if you can outwit, outplay, and outlast the Book Monkeys, and can be in Enid, OK from 7:00 PM Friday Aug. 25 through the afternoon of Sunday Aug. 27, let me know.

I'm hoping to get at least a couple more people to sign up because, if they do, then I can skip embarrassing myself in the physical challenges and roughing it, and instead just play Jeff Probst.

Which reminds me: if you think it sounds like an entertaining weekend, but don't really want to compete, we are open to volunteers to help run challenges and maybe man video cameras that will one day yield footage guaranteed to embarrass us all for the rest of our lives.

Honestly, how can you pass that up?

2 comments:

Redneck Diva said...

Don't tempt me.....

It sounds like too much fun!

But after Tater moved back from the panhandle, I SWORE I'd never drive out that way again....

But then again....who can resist a weekend like this one promises to be?

Oh the angst!

Anonymous said...

Man I wanna be there! How far away is Enid? I can't leave till about 5pm. Gotta do that whole teaching thing now. Can we carpool?