Saturday, September 10, 2005

And so, it begins . . .

Welcome to the inaugural post of Crisis of Infinite Monkeys, a venue for me to express all of the views and opinions that bounce around my brain each and every day. Of course, being a very shallow and media-saturated monkey, most of these views and opinions are about the wondrous world of pop culture. So, if you're wondering what you can expect for CoIM, it's this: a moderately well-educated couch potato blathering endlessly about the latest movie, TV show, or comic book to cross his path. That should be quite a change of pace from all of those other blogs out there, huh?

In an attempt to force some sort of structure on myself, I've come up with the following schedule for my postings:

  • Movie Mondays
  • Television Tuesdays
  • Written Word Wednesdays
  • Thinking-out-loud Thursdays
  • Four-color Fridays
  • Wildcard Weekends

Yes, that's right, I'm building my life around the power of alliteration. Betting may now commence on how long it takes me to miss a day and/or give up on the structure completely.

A quick preview for what to expect this first week:
Monday: A discussion of some of my favorite (and not so favorite) films, as well as my thoughts on some recent rentals, including Ong Bak, Oldboy, and Crash
Tuesday: A discussion of some of my favorite (and not so favorite) TV shows, as well as my thoughts on what I'm most looking forward to in the Fall.
Wednesday: My thoughts on the last few books I've read, including Stephen King's Dark Tower Series and Bruce Campbell's Make Love (The Bruce Campbell Way).
Thursday: A glimpse into my fevered mind and its neurotic processes
Friday: An answer to the question that always gets asked once people find out about my favorite hobby: "So, what comics do you collect, anyway?"
Saturday/Sunday: It's a mystery, even to me!


If you're curious about the title of the blog, it's a combination of the fictional Infinite Monkeys Press inspired by a fiction writing challenge issued by some friends on an old message board (the results of which are featured in this school-project inspired insanity) and the defining comic book event of my early childhood, Crisis on Infinite Earths.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd

You are my hero. Keep up the great blog. Monkeys rule. You have taken a seriously boring has-been jock and turned him into a browncoat. Hey, Wha Happened

Micah

Anonymous said...

Todd, I absolutly love the site. I can't wait to get my daily fill of your randomness, opinions and insight into the workings of your brain. You keep things interesting, I'm so glad to know you.

-Diane

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Wait, how did you know that people call me Tedious Todd?

I appreciate the effort to keep my head from swelling, I'd hate to actually develop high self-esteem, I wouldn't know how to cope. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go curl up into the foetal position and sob uncontrollably until I finally exhaust myself and pass into the sweet, sweet oblivion of unconsciousness.