Friday, September 30, 2005

What a way to start the day

I just got to work, and had barely finished getting my water out of the break-room fridge when I was suddenly assaulted by a high-pitched squealing. Something had set off the building alarms, not quite sure what. While those who are actually blessed with alarm codes tried to stop the brain-melting noise, I proceeded into the office proper, where I was informed that all of the phones had cut out. Got to my desk, and heard the AC unit briefly make a noise not unlike that usually heard in films right before someone screams out "She's gonna blow!", before shutting down. Luckily it's cooled down a lot over the last couple of days, I'd hate to think what this enclosed space would feel like if the AC died off completely. And to top it all off, my computer keeps freezing up on me. Why do I get the feeling this is going to be a loooooooooong day?

On the bright side: one of my co-workers brought doughnuts! So, got the sugar-high thing going for me right now. Also, less than 12 hours away from Serenity (woo-hoo!), although waiting for that will probably add even more "when will this day end?" feeling to this already looooooooooooong day.

But still . . . doughnuts!

0 comments: