Tuesday, January 03, 2006

TV Tues - TV Wasteland

Not a whole lot going on in terms of new programs last week, so not a lot to report. I did get to watch a lot of Wheel of Fortune, Clean Sweep, and Magnum, P.I. while I was at my folks' place. Things pick up this week, with the return (finally!) of Scrubs tonight, as well as new eps of Earl and The Office on Thursday and Stargate and Battlestar Galactica on Friday.

So now, my scanty reviews:

Arrested Develoment: Loved last night's ep and its many, many inside jokes about the show's problems, from the veiled shots at Fox to the narration begging the audience to tell all their friends about the show.

Dirty Jobs: Still not on my "can't miss!' list, but this second clip show (this time focusing on "Dirty Water Jobs") definitely helps it inch closer.

Gargoyles Season 2 Disc 2: It's always nice to watch an old show that I used to love and find that it still holds up. This disc contains the four-part "City of Stone" which explores the history of Macbeth; fans of the Scottish play might be a bit disapointed at how this history deviates from the play, but those familiar with the history of the real-life Macbeth will appreciate its (relative) historicity.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed AD last night?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Please tell me you recorded it.

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Nope, sure didn't. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I still have you're Thursday tape. Do you need it back this week or can I return it to you on Sunday?

Have a Cluckity Cluck Cluck Day!

Anonymous said...

I give up.

Cap'n Neurotic said...

I thought about trying to explain, once again, how there were no episodes of Viva La Bam! scheduled until the 10th, making it, therefore, very difficult for me to watch the show or possibly expounding on the fact that I barely have enough time to watch everything that I want to watch, which is why I refuse to do the Netflix rental of previous seasons. But, I realized that any and all such attempts to explain would merely be ignored or greeted with a "whatever" style response, so really, what's the point?