Sunday, February 05, 2006

Looking Forward to Using Vacation Time for Something Other than School Again . . .

This shall be a brief post, as I am currently entrenched in the first book of Robin Hobb's Liveship Traders series, and want to make as much progress as possible before its time to head off to the Singles Superbowl party at Casa de Las Amigas.

I would have posted yesterday, but I spent the morning watching DVDs, the afternoon watching TV shows on tape, and the evening reading Stephen King's Cell; couldn't tear myself away from any of them long enough to think of anything to post about. Plus, it's not like much of anyone reads CoIM on the weekends anyway.

I feel like I should have something a little more substantial here than just the usual lame "here's why there's not much here" excuses . . . oh, I guess I could fill you in on my travel plans, huh?

At the end of the month, presuming no major catastrophes or problems with getting time off from work, I'm planning on heading to Colorado with some of the Book Monkey crew. Bunny's in-laws have a cabin somewhere near Pikes Peak, and we'll be heading up there for a weekend of rest and relaxation. With luck, we'll fare better in the cabin than most of the folks in my Cabin . . .

Currently I'm planning on going skiing for the first time on this trip; luckily I'm not the only newbie, and shall be taking lessons along with The Mag and Rose Hips the Enforcer. Zinger has expressed dismay that he won't be along on this trip; not just because he wasn't able to make his annual ski trip this year, but also because he won't be able to witness my total ineptitude and countless spills down the mountainside. I'm pretty sure Rebel Monkey (aspirign filmmaker and adamant non-skier) and her trusty videocamera will be around to help record the embarrassment for posterity's sake.

One other thing I'm looking forward to on the trip is that The Mag is planning on composing a Murder Mystery for us, centereing around a group of paranomarl investigators; I get to be a medium who is constantly possessed by different spirits, which will allow me to put my unique brand of accents and dialects to good use. what's that, you say, I suddenly shifted from Southern Drawl to British Cockney? That wasn't me, it was the spirits!

But that's just the first of my proposed Colorado trips; last weekend Trouble nobly volunteered the use of her parents home for a summer rafting trip, like the one we went on three years ago. No concrete details on this trip yet, other than it will probably be in July.

So, now all I need is to set up a trip involving Parkerites, and I'll have the Blog Monkey Colorado Trip Trifecta.

Okay, that's enough blogging; back to the book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to come a little farther north so we can go find Connie Willis and tell her how great she is.

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Good idea; it will feel much less like stalking if we travel in a pack . . .