Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Wheel Weaves as the Wheel Wills

I just found out that Robert Jordan, author of the bestselling Wheel of Time series, has been diagnosed with primary myloidosis with cardiomyapathy, a condition with a pretty grave prognosis if untreated. Jordan seems optimistic that the treatments will work, and I think we all know that a good attitude is paramount in recovering from any illness. So, here's some positive thoughts and prayers sent his way, to help offset all of the "Oh, crap, is he going to finish the series before he croaks?" thoughts which this news is sure to conjure (yes, I had them as well).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He also said that he still has 30 years worth of stories to write. Hopefully they are all NOT from the WOT series. I haven't read the latest 2 books. I can't see myself reading it continuously for the next 30 odd years.

Cap'n Neurotic said...

I'm right there with you; I know I'm at least 2, maybe 3 books behind, and I'm determined not to read any more until it's all done with.

Anonymous said...

I do plan on reading the latest books, just haven't yet. Drat! I didn't use my secret identity in above comment.

Anonymous said...

Well, I for one, have starting worshipping the WOT universe as a religion. If he dies before it's finished...I'll kill him. Then myself.