Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I'm Not Dead Yet

The move is nearing completion, which means I should soon have time to start boring you all on a daily basis yet again. Until then, here are a few random thoughts:

  • Lost finale was everything I expected, and more; that ending has me really curious about the directions next season will take.
  • Finished up season 2 of Deadwood and have decided E.B. Farnum is one of the greatest TV characters of all time
  • Croquet can be surprisingly competitive; isn't that right, Cap'n Cluck?
  • I finished my list of the top 50 DC characters; you can see my picks (and the reasonings) here and here if you have any interest, and then pop on over to The Great Curve for the final tally.
  • I finally bought my first disc golf disc, and promptly lost it on the first hole I played. Darn you, Bear Creek course!
  • While I'm looking forward to seeing my family this coming weekend, I'm not looking forward to the drive to Miamuh after a week of much activity and little rest
  • The news that one of the Everwood producers is heading to Gilmore Girls makes me very happy
  • The fact that I will soon no longer be able to tape one channel while watching another makes me less so.
  • There are times I miss the 70s; what other time could have produced a comic book panel with the dialogue "Someone's bred a giant rampaging Jimmy Olsen!" with absolutely no sense of irony whatsoever? Well, other than the 40s, 50s, and 60s, that is. Bless you, Jack Kirby, wherever you are.
  • I saw X-men: The Last Stand on my birthday. My review shall be written soon, but for now I shall just say that I thought it was weaker than the first two, but still stronger than Fantastic Four

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You thought Monday's croquet game was competitive? You haven't played with my cousins!

I almost cried when I found out that Everwood is not returning! That is just wrong.

Have a Cluckity Cluck Cluck Day!

Redneck Diva said...

You're probably in Miamuh right now and I haven't heard from you yet!! *sob sob*

My whole crew will be camping at Twin Bridges tonight if you want to swing by, LOL. I'll be the fuzzy-headed screaming mother in the green shirt that says REDNECK DIVA on the back. Just so you know.