Sunday, December 18, 2005

It Be Officially Official

Yesterday was my official graduation date, so I can now officially say I officially have an official Masters of Library Science. Officially.

So, how did I spend my official graduation day? Well, since the Singles event I had been planning on attending got cancelled, I was going to spend it proof-reading the last part of my Primary Obsession, but as I tried, I realized that I was still too close to it: everytime I'd think about changing something, my brain would scream "No, leave it alone, it's pristine, it's perfect, don't touch a thing!" Which was odd, because another part of my brain was cringing in pain at the clunky wording, two-dimensional characters, and choppy pacing. As my brain threatened to split itself down the middle due to this cognitive dissonance, I decided it might be better to just take a day or two off, and come back to it with a fresher pair of eyes later. This makes meeting my self-imposed deadline kind of difficult, but I would much rather be a little late and have a product I can be happy with, than on-time with something that I know could be so much better. Faced with my inability to effectively edit, and lacking the mental fortitude to sit down and read anything (or write a blog post for that matter), I instead spent the evening watching DVDs. Hard to believe, I know.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must now ransack my apartment in search of something to give as a White Elephant gift at the Singles Xmas party in an hour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on officially graduating!

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Thankee kindly