Thursday, December 15, 2005

No, Seriously? *You* Just Turned 30? No. Really?

Time for a b-day shout-out to Parkerite Little Man Stud, who just hit the big 3-0 today, and who, like yours truly, shall be graduating with his Masters this weekend; of course, the fact that he's an engineer with an MBA means he'll probably be pulling in slightly more than my librarian salary . . .

Anyhoo, how about a quick Little Man Stud b-day story here?

When Little Man Stud turned 21, we did the traditional college "take him out to the bars to get him plastered" thing. A group of us went to Eskimo Joe's; folks took turns buying him shots, and Wrath brought him a little concoction known as a Prairie Fire, which is basically vodka and tobasco sauce. Yummy.

Well, Little Man Stud, having no clue what was in the concoction, threw back the shot, slammed the glass down, shoved his chair away from the table, leaned over retching, reached into his front pocket, and pulled out . . . a trash bag. Yes, that's right: a trash bag. So there he sat, hunched over the open bag, trying depserately not to hurl, while all of his good friends died laughing at the picture: only Little Man Stud would have come prepared for his night of drunken revelry with his very own makeshift barf bags. Luckily, he was able to keep from spewing, and Wrath bought him a less toxic drink to make up for it. That was the only Hefty-bag-worthy moment of the evening, but it definitely left an impression on all of us there.

So, Happy B-day, Little Man Stud: may your MBA prove lucrative, and may you continue to look the same now as you did in college . . .



Seriously, he doesn't age! I think he's got some Dorian Gray type picture stored somewhere, absorbing all of his sinful excesses so that he doesn't have to . . . y'know, that could be why he didn't hurl that night . . .

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come ON Todd!

How do you post that picture, and not the one I spent HOURS and HOURS working on?

This one!

Who cares if they don't know/get the joke?

Cap'n Neurotic said...

My sincerest apologies. I had considered using that one, but I found the original first.

Next time the situation arises, I will be sure to swipe one of your carefully crafted and painstakingly realized creations.

Anonymous said...

While I'm at it, I only really watch like maybe 2 shows on your list for Tuesdays. How I met your mother, The Office.

The rest of the article a skip over.

So I'd like to request you review two of my favorite shows next week:
- viva la bam
- Dirty Jobs

Any episode will do. I just think it would be a nice change of pace unstead of reviewing the same six things over and over.

But don't take MY word for it. You can make a poll out of it if you want.

Cap'n Neurotic said...

I suppose in the spirit of the season, I can give of myself and suffer through these two fine examples of the types of shows I don't usually care for (or, at least, I know Bam is; never seen the other one). Merry Christmas, Doc.

Anyone else?

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for Dirty Jobs! Putting the roof on in the middle of the summer had to be his worst job. Or the one I would care to do the least anyway. I just wish they'd get new eps filmed.

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Wonder how Little Man Stud would feel about his birthday post being hijacked like this . . . he'd probably want us to stage a fight.

I guess I had Dirty Jobs confused with something else, didn't realize it was something on the Discovery Channel. I think I get that channel, but not sure, what with it being educational and all . . .

If you'd made your request yesterday, Doc, I could have taped the Dirty Jobs that was on this morning; as it is, you'll have to wait until the following Tuesday to hear my thoughts on it. On the plus side (for you, anyway), Viva La Bam is on a lot between now and then, so I'll be sure to get it reviewed this Tuesday: this means that you'll be able to read about shows you actually give a crap about not just once, but two weeks in a row.

Here at CoIM, the giving never stops!

Anonymous said...

I got your back, Cap'n. I set my DVR to record Dirty Jobs way back when, so as long as Discovery is still airing it at 8:00 on Tuesdays, I should have this week's ep. So if we have time after the scheduled viewing festivities, I can introduce you to its greatness.

Anonymous said...

Be sure to mention Ryan Dunn.

For bonus points, try to figure out what I think dunn and rowe have in common that makes for great TV.

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention how Little Man Stud wanted to be able to just throw back the shots with perfection, so practiced before the big night with water shots.

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Don't remember hearing about the water shots before, but knowing Little Man Stud as I do, it surprises me not in the least.