Tuesday, November 06, 2007

TV Tues - America Rooooooooooooooocks!

In case you weren't aware, we currently have a Writers' Guild strike going on, which means that after the end of November sweeps, most scripted TV shows are going to be without new episodes for a while unless things get resolved soon. So, get ready for an explosion of "unscripted" TV shows. But until then, let us enjoy our scripted programming while it's still here.

Wednesday October 31

Pushing Daisies (7:00 ABC):
Still a few plotting issues here and there, but I'm enjoying the sense of humor enough to let that complaint continue to slide.

Private Practice (8:00 ABC): It was nice to see them finally humanize the "evil" doctor a bit this time around, and the scenes with her were by far the best thing about the episode.

Thursday, November 1

Survivor (7:00 CBS):
While it was no "you have to get up pretty early to fool me," the whole playing of the immunity idol which wasn't really an immunity idol sequence was priceless.

My Name is Earl (7:00 NBC): The flashback to the first post-9/11 Fourth of July celebration had great tidbits here and there (especially the "America Rooooooooooooooocks!" guy), but was I the only one who got annoyed when it broke from Cops format?

The Office (8:00 NBC): Michael reminiscing about all that Stanley brought to the office was great, as was Dwight's obsession with eyes.

Scrubs (8:30 NBC): Still enjoying Bitter Keith, and still wondering how big of a role Elizabeth Banks is going to play for the rest of the season.

Grey's Anatomy (8:00 ABC): This week's outing was only average, which I blame on very little Bailey screen time; you skimp on the Bailey, you skimp on the quality.

Monday November 5

How I Met Your Mother (7:00 CBS):
Not one of their stronger eps; couple of nice moments here and there, but overall, kind of blah.

The Big Bang Theory (7:30 CBS): Last night, my favorite character Sheldon began to loom dangerously close to the annoying side of obsessive compulsion with the whole Chinese food sequence; it didn't bother me as much as it did PigPen, but I think the writers need to be careful not to overdo his shtick.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Heroes (8:00 NBC): My biggest question right now is this: if Peter changes the past now, what happens to Caitlin in the future? I have lots of other questions, of course, but I'm hoping most will be answered in next week's flashback ep.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you find last night's episode of House funny? I thought it was one of the funnier ones.