Tuesday, November 20, 2007

TV Tues - Happy Slapsgiving!

Not feeling all that loquacious today, so most of these will be brief.

Monday November 12

Chuck (NBC 7:00):
Loved the sequence with the gang hopped up on truth serum. Was cool to see Kevin Weisman as the bad-ass assassin, quite a departure from Marshall on Alias. Was also cool to see Tang leave the show; the character never really clicked with me.

Journeyman (NBC 9:00): Finally, some answers about Livia! Although, why she only goes to the future and Dan only goes to the past only raises more questions.

Tuesday November 13

Reaper (CW 8:00):
Think this show just gets better and better. Loved Sock's horrified waking from the dream; good stuff.

Wednesday November 14

Pushing Daisies (ABC 7:00): Nothing too constructive to say about this one, other than that I liked it.

Private Practice (ABC 8:00): One of the few things that was consistently enjoyable about this show was the Cooper/Violet friendship, so of course they have to screw that up.

Thursday November 15


Survivor (CBS 7:00): Was sorry to see Frosti go.

My Name is Earl (NBC 7:00): Pretty satisfying conclusion to the two-parter, but I do wish they'd get back to Earl's list.

30 Rock (NBC 7:30): One of the things I like about 30 Rock is that although Liz is set up as the voice of reason, she's just as fallible as everyone else. Best parts of the episode had to be the ones with Jack and C.C.

The Office (NBC 8:00): Our last new Office until the strike gets resolved would have been much more enjoyable with much less Michael, although the whole deposition was worth it just for Toby's reaction to the confusion over Michael's man-crush on Ryan.

Scrubs (NBC 8:30): Man, I'm going to miss this show.

Monday November 19

How I Met Your Mother (CBS 7:00):
Outside of the set-up for Barney's "relapse 5," the whole Ted/Robin storyline was just a distraction from the main event: the Slap Countdown to Slapsgiving. Three slaps down; two to go.

The Big Bang Theory (CBS 7:30): Even though last night was a rerun of the pilot, I wound up watching it because (a) PigPen had missed it the first time around because of work, and (b) I had missed a couple of parts due to being interrupted by someone at the door the first go-round. Have to say, I enjoyed it much more the second time around, possibly because I'm more familiar and comfortable with the characters.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Heroes (NBC 8:00):
Following the mildly disappointing flashbacks of last week's ep, last night's turned out to be pretty jam-packed full; I remember looking at the clock at one point and being amazed that there were 20 minutes left. If nothing else, this episode reinforced one thing for me: I hate Monhinder. HatehatehatehateHATE him with a fiery passion reserved for the most annoying and worthless of fictional characters. If you need someone to make a stupid decision, Mohinder's your man. After working with HRG for so long, then to get turned by Bob: "Gee, I'm sorry I tried to get you to inject a girl with a potentially deadly virus, but I promise things will be all better now, and since I did one nice thing you are now forced to believe that I have changed my ways and that HRG is really the super baddest of all bad guys and must be stopped at all costs, please pay no attention to my psychopathic killer daughter behind the curtain, there's a good patsy." Now that Claire's blood has resurrected him, I can't wait to see HRG seek some payback against the man who killed him . . . unless Sylar beats him to the punch and cuts open Monhinder's head in order to steal his powers of super-stupidity. Or maybe Maya will be forced to tears by his sheer jackassery and will wipe him out that way. Or, or, Parkman could finally get back at him for endangering Molly with his new slippery slope of morality psychic push powers and make him do horrible, horrible things to himself. Or . . .

Okay, maybe I was feeling a little loquacious there towards the end . . .

0 comments: