Tuesday, November 13, 2007

TV Tues - Cherish the New Shows While They Last

The strike drags on, our shows get closer and closer to running out of new episodes, and I get closer and closer to actually being caught up on all of the shows I've taped, although I'm sure that won't last for long.

Monday November 5

Chuck (NBC 7:00):
A little closer to figuring out why Bryce chose Chuck, which is nice; gotta love plot progression. However, the ginormous library fine gag made me roll my eyes -- unless that was a really expensive paperback copy of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, there's no way his fine was over a hundred bucks, much less in the $400 range. Price of book + processing fees, that's the library fine limit.

Journeyman (NBC 8:00): This show frustrates me so much sometimes that I question why I'm still watching it. But there's always just enough good stuff in it to make the annoying stuff tolerable, even if barely.

Wednesday November 7

Bionic Woman (NBC 8:00):
FINALLY caught up on Bionic Woman. Wasn't super impressed with the show early on, but it is definitely growing on me. The show is always more interesting when it's focused on emotionally-stunted-Starbuck with her dark and twisty nature, although the motivations and plot lines surrounding her are a mess. I spent the bulk of the "Jamie goes undercover as a college student" episode cursing the NBC promo department for giving away that the main suspect was actually a CIA agent before I finally realized that that promo was for the next week's episode, and if I had actually watched the show when it was on I wouldn't have had that problem.

Thursday November 8

Survivor (CBS 7:00):
I was really hoping John-Robert was going to go into Tribal Council and try to use each of the non-immunity idols so that Jeff could throw them on the fire one by one, but him being voted out made the episode worth watching anyway.

My Name is Earl
(NBC 7:00):
The Randy/Earl feud was entertaining, as were the try-outs for the Scared Straight program, but I especially liked the pot-shot taken at the idiocy of trying to wedge a save-the-planet message into the show.

30 Rock (NBC 7:30): Gotta love Al Gore's willingness to make fun of himself.

The Office (NBC 8:00): My least favorite episode of the season; while I liked the reactions of the office workers to Jim's party consolidation idea, the idea itself seemed out of character for Jim.

Scrubs (NBC 8:30): Any time Tom Cavanagh stops by to play J.D.'s brother, a good time is sure to be had. Loved the "zed-word hug" gag, as well as J.D.'s pathetic attempt to get revenge.

Grey's Anatomy (ABC 8:00): As someone who has been vehemently opposed to the George/Izzy pairing -- I refuse to refer to them as Gizzy as many do -- I was incredibly amused by their awkward attempts at recapturing the magic of their first night together. I was also incredibly happy by all of the Bailey time in the episode.

Monday November 12

How I Met Your Mother (CBS 7:00):
Have to wonder if any of the annoying habits brought out in the episode will ever make a comeback.

The Big Bang Theory (CBS 7:30):
Sheldon was back to much more manageable (and entertaining) levels of obnoxiousness this week. Watching him unwittingly hitting on a girl = greatness.

0 comments: