Friday, October 28, 2005

It Be Official!

After over a month of waiting I finally got official confirmation today: I passed the Capstone exam, and will be bestowed with my Masters in Library Science in December. I expect to be called Master Neurotic by all of you from now on; it's an agreement I made with Papa Lightbulb, who should be Master Lightbulb in the not too distant future.

No, I will not be participating in the graduation ceremony. My folks won't be able to make it down, and honestly they would be the only reason I would go through it; I've done Junior High, High School, and Undergrad ceremonies, and it's just much more exciting if you're one of the ones giving a speech, especially if you can make people cry; that was fun. Yes, being hooded is nice, but been there, done that, mom has the photo framed, so I can skip that no problem. I know very few of my fellow SLIS graduates, and about the only one I know and like works out here at the Annex, so it's not like that will be my only chance to see her.

But while I won't be participating in actual University sponsored activities, I am open to any and all blog-monkey driven graduation festivities, events, and/or gifts. Especially the gifts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That's friggin awesome!

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Thankee, sais, thankee muchly.