Friday, October 21, 2005

Will I Eat These Words?

Yes, I know the poll doesn't officially end until noon, but like all good pollsters, I shall be predicting a win early based on voting trends: everyone's favorite mind-messer, Dr. G'ovich.

Despite a valiant effort on Fellow Book Monkey and Blogger Bubblegum Tate's part, he really didn't stand a chance. For one thing, the Parkerite contingent far outweighs the Book Monkey contingent on the blog. For another, the good Doctor's reputation for randomness carries with it a certain aura of danger and unpredictability: what's he going to say? What's he going to do? After talking to him last night, I can honestly say that I haven't a frickin' clue; I hesitate to say what I hope he does, partly out of fear he'll do the opposite, and partly out of fear that he won't. I am, however, totally confident in his ability to make me regret the whole thing regardless.

So, there you have it, Dr. G'ovich shall be the winner. And, if somehow, someway, Fellow Book Monkey and Blogger Bubblegum Tate is able to overtake him, then you can print this off and frame it next to your copy of the "Dewey Defeats Truman!" headline.

0 comments: