Saturday, November 19, 2005

Have a Strengthy B-day!

This morning I received an email from Kookamama wanting me to submit my b-day to BirthdayAlarm.com, which is a service set up to help forgetful people not forget about b-day, anniversaries, and other dates of interest; being someone who is absolutely horrible about such things, I decided I'd partake of the service myself.

How horrible am I? Well, let's put it this way: out of everyone I know, I can only consistently remember the birthdays of three people without having to resort to some sort of elaborate mnemonic device: Coronela, Dr. G'ovich, and Wrath teh Berzerkr. Coronela and G'ovich are easy, since they're both born the same month as me, on the first and last day, respectively; as for Wrath, I have absolutely no clue why I remember his so easily; Rocket theorized that when we were rooming together he used to creep into my room and whisper it in my ear when I was asleep; it’s a creepy thought only because I can almost see him doing it, but more on that soon. I don't even remember my parents' b-days easily: I always remember that Dad was born in July, and Mom in August, and that one is the 22nd and the other the 24th, but I'll be danged if I ever can keep straight which is which without much self doubt. With luck, the BirthdayAlarm will help out with that.

When I signed up, it gave me the option of auto-sending requests out to everyone in my gmail address book; I've already gotten several indications that folks have filled it out, as well as a reply from Zinger telling me that if I couldn't figure out his b-day (which is in his email address) I didn't deserve to know it; so, I had to put aside my inherent laziness and fill his info out manually; there's 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back again. Thanks a heap, Zinger!

Anyway, all of that leads me to the most fortuitous of the responses I got: namely, that today just happens to be Book Monkey Strengthy Girl's b-day! Now, is that serendipity or what? So, Happy B-day, Strengthy Girl! May it be a day filled with many opportunities for you to create new and exotic words for your lexicon.

0 comments: