Friday, November 11, 2005

Pollin', Pollin', Pollin', Keep Them Monkeys Pollin'

Well, it was much more highly contested race this time around in the CoIM Poll, with the two leads switching position frequently. But in the end, there could only be one victor . . . Wanna know who?

Spotlight on Book Monkeys
Which of these bodacious Book Monkeys would you most like to see featured in a special spotlight post?
Self-promiting wizard, Bubblegum Tate (4)
Former TV addict, current alien infestee, Rebel Monkey (2)
Super storyteller, Rose Hips the Enforcer (7)
The ophidiophobic Amazon, The Mag (1)
The wiseacre whippersnaper, Tinman (1)
The naughtiest of the naughty, Bunny (6)
Everyone's favorite future malevolent dictator, Insidious Evil (0)
The walking word generator, Strengthy Girl (0)
Lance Armstrong's favorite stalker, Kookamama (1)

Total Votes: 22


That's right, storyteller Rose Hips the Enforcer narrowly edged out the naughty Bunny; I'm afraid you'll have to check elsewhere for naughty tales now, my all-too curious blog monkeys. Now that Rose Hips is up on deck, it's time to be fair and give The Singles a chance to duke it out, so be sure to vote in the updated poll at your leisure.

And speaking of the Spotlight posts, I talked to Flunky about his after it was over; he seemed to be pretty happy with it overall, so I guess he won't be sending his secret assassination squad after me just yet; unless, of course, that' just what he wants me to think to lull me into a false sense of security; he's a wily one, is our Flunky. However, he did have a couple of caveats to his approval: first was his concern that the post only showed a picture of the young Flunky, and didn't really reflect all the changes he's gone through in the last 6 or 7 years. There’s a good reason for that; my strongest memories of him are from those early days, since I’ve unfortunately probably only seen him in person 6 or 7 times in the last 6 or 7 years. I suppose he's afraid that without having the full picture, the blog monkeys might be less susceptible to his subliminal ways. So, in the interest of fairness and in hopes he might spare me when he establishes his glorious regime, let me assure you that the Flunky of today really is a zillion times less obsessive than the Flunky of yesteryear; of course, that just frees him up to be a zillion times more dangerous . . . His other concern can be summed up in two words: the picture. It must be tough for a future world conqueror, to see his plans potentially derailed by a youthful indiscretion. Still, as a soon to be public figure, he needs to be prepared for such things, at least until he can finally seize control of all the media.

In case you couldn't tell, the Flunky Flashback spotlight was specially structured for his 5-star fixation; after much agonizing I finally decided that each Spotlight should be structured to accommodate the specific subject; plus, when the 5 idea jumped out at me, it wouldn't let go, and so all of the other ideas where instantly trashed, as I had to come up with all new stuff to fit the structure; have I mentioned lately that all remarks about others’ OCD is merely sleight of hand to distract from my own? I haven’t? Well, now I have. Luckily, despite the total disarray my sudden inspiration caused me, nearly 12 years of knowing Flunky have given me lots to draw from; some other Spotlights will be much spottier in breadth and depth of content, I'm afraid, and there are some who might wind up feeling slighted when their spotlight doesn't measure up to someone else's; my only response to that is simply this: deal with it. The soul of compassion, I am.

Since I've spent so much time dealing with the Parkerites, I'm planning on having at least one Book Monkey and one Singles post up by the end of the weekend; don't want any group to feel that the Cellophane effect is contagious.

0 comments: