Friday, November 18, 2005

R.C.o.S. (Not to Be Confused With the R.O.U.S.)

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that the majority of the latest poll votes were cast by the CAP'NS themselves?

Spotlight on Book Monkeys
Which of these scintilating Singles would you most like to see featured in a special spotlight post?
Papa Lightbulb (1)
Mama Lightbulb (0)
Cap'n Disaster (7)
Cap'n Cluck (5)
Trouble (1)
Smooth Money's Girl (2)
Angel (0)
Hyperlad (0)
Freezeout (0)

Total Votes: 16


And it looks like Cap'n Disaster was a little more diligent in her self-voting than Cap'n Cluck, so the first Singles Spotlight shall be on the good Cap'n, and her prediliction towards lying drunk in ditches.

I'm afraid I haven't gotten around to the Rose Hips spotlight yet, my apologies: my muses have had other things on their minds, apparently. I shall strive to have that finished before the weekend is over.

I like the idea of doing weekly polls, but right now am at a bit of a loss as to what else I can poll y'all about; since I'm also at a bit of a loss trying to decide what to read next, I figured I'd combine the two losses for a gain: over to your left you'll see some of the possible reading choices I currently have in my immediate possesion; whichever you select will be my next project, to be discussed in an upcoming Written Word Wednesday column. If you have any suggestions for good reading that isn't listed to the side, feel free to comment away, and I'll take it under advisement. And what will I be reading in the meantime? Well, I am currently drowning in TPBs, both from the library and from my last couple of comic shipments, so I really need to start plowing through them sometime soon.

Ah, it feels so nice to have that pesky decision making taken out of my hands; maybe I should do this more often. Next week: should I buy the tan or navy slacks?

RCoS (that's Random Change of Subject to those of you unfamiliar with Rebel Monkey terminology): our slow moving sister-site, Curse You G'ovich!, has finally updated again. Man, the guy in charge of that sure is a lazy cuss, ain't he?

In other random blog-stuff, I spent about an hour last night scanning in pictures of the Parker gang to help enhance future anecdotal posts; on a semi-related note, as soon as I get copies of some pics from Cap'n Cluck, I'll fill y'all in on the surprise that was waiting for me in my Sunday School class last week. Here's a hint: it involved monkeys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should have know you would win, Cap'n Disaster. I should really give trying to prove you wrong on this whole "the world revovles around you" thing!

RCoS: Rodents of Unsual Size? I don't believe they exist. Hmmm...maybe that should be your next book, Capn' Neurotic.

Have a Cluckity Cluck Cluck Day!

Cap'n Neurotic said...

It's an excellent book, Cap'n Cluck, but Cap'n Disaster already had me read it a while back.

And never give up trying to prove her wrong; after all, the truth is that it all revolves around me.

Anonymous said...

Back in the late 1800's, preachers, politicians, and anyone else with something they were passionate about, would gather at Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park, London. They would bring a soapbox, a wooden crate that held soap, and use it as a platform to stand above the crowd. Wikipedia lists a blog as the modern soapbox.

Have a Cluckity Cluck Cluck Day!