Friday, November 25, 2005

Well, That Was an Exercise in Futility

You know, I was sure more people would speak up when they got a chance to tell me what to do, but I guess you blog monkey's aren't as bossy as I thought. So, what did you guys pick for me to read next?

Make Up My Mind For Me!
Which of these books should Cap'n Neurotic focus on trying to read next?

Kate Elliot's Crown of Stars v.6 (2)
George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire v.4 (0)
Greg Keyes' Kingdom of Thorn and Bone v.1 (2)
Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy (1)
Robin Hobb's Liveship Traders v.1 (0)
Robin Hobb's The Tawny Man v.1 (0)
David Brin's Kiln People (0)
David Brin's Glory Season (0)
Peter David's One Knight Only (2)

Total Votes: 7


Oh, look, a three-way tie; since I'm kind of at a loss for what to poll about this week, I suppose I could have a run-off, but I have a feelig it would just wind up being another tie, so why bother?

Instead, I'm going to make an executive decision and read the next installment of Kate Elliot's "Crown of Stars" next since (a) the last book in the series will be out in a few months and (b) I'm currently loaning the previous book to Rocket as part of our on-going fantasy book exchange; keeping that in mind, after I finish up CoS, I'll probably totally ignore the poll results and go straight for the Robin Hobb books, since they're on loan to me from Clan G'ovich.

Of course, all of this is assuming I can tear myself away from my New Obsession long enough to sit down and read something.

As for my new poll, I have compiled a list of the first 10 movie comedies that popped into my head; let me know which of them is your favorite. Or not. Whatever. I'll try to have something a bit more clever/engaging/interesting/whatever next week.


0 comments: